I learned THE PROPER WARM-UP during my time in the ARMY. I learned it back in 1998 and I have continued to do it till today. I have seen people get injured because not warming up correctly before exerting themself during a heavy workout. By properly warming-up you can minimize the chance of injuries. So let’s go do it
THE PROPER WARM-UP
Cardio: get the blood moving, get to sweating. You have to get the body ready before doing all the heavy lifting as to avoid injuries.
25 Jumping jacks
25 Push ups
Stretching and rotating joints: get you loose and limber.
1) neck stretch forward,backward, side to side
2) neck rotation three clockwise, three counter-clockwise
3) arm rotation five forward, five backward
4) arm/shoulder stretch left side hold five seconds, right side hold five seconds
5) arm leftover behind head left hold five seconds, right side hold five seconds
6) body rotation/twist count to ten left to right
7) back/hamstring stretch feet together reach for your toes then up to the sky (mountain pose)
8) knee rotation three clockwise, three counter-clockwise
9) groin stretch, sit down, feet together, hands on your knee push hold for five seconds
10) ankle rotate left and right three times each.
You should be starting to perspire a little. That means you are now ready for your workout, or you can use the above as your low impact workout.
All of the above should take you 20 minutes. If you do The Proper Warm-up you should feel limber and loose and ready to go attack the day!
As alway workout, drink be merry.